CyanogenMod nightlies are being churned out for the Commtiva z71 and clones. Using ROM Manager to install ROMs is so dead easy.
Look here for latest nightlies – http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=z71
Discussions of nightlies here – z71 Discussion of Nightlies/
ChangeLog and Code Reviews here – Cyanogenmod Reviews
- You will need a 2.1 ROM on your device first (official ROM or others). I had CMLEclair 1.2
- Root and su device (if not rooted already)
- Backup all your data/apps using 3rd party tools. I used Titanium Backup
- Install ROM Manager from the android market
- Open ROM Manager and choose Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. From device list choose Commtiva z71. Ensure you allow superuser access when ROM Manager requests
- Download the nightly zip to your sd card.
- Download Google Apps MDPI to your sd card. Read more here – http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version/Google_Apps
- In ROM Manager choose option Install ROM from SD Card. You may queue the z71 ROM and Google Apps together. Also choose the option “Wipe Data and Cache”
- Allow ClockworkMod Recovery to do its magic.